Friday, September 5, 2008

Phone...

John was over at the Lacey house working and I was trying to get in touch with him. He's kind of funny with his cell phone. Sometimes it is not on, so goes straight to voicemail, but he does not check messages (ever) so it is easier for him to just see he missed your call. So I dialed his number, not sure what I would get (voicemail or John). A guy answers the phone. My first thought is that I've dialed wrong. I apologize and hang up the phone. I dial, double checking the number and the phone rings. The same guy answers the phone. Now I'm thinking that the circuits are crossed or something. I apologize again, but ask him what number I'm dialing. He mumbles something, not making any sense. I apologize profusely and hang up. About a 1/2 hr later John gets home... "Where's your phone?" I ask him. That is when we finally figure it out - the guy that kept answering the phone? He STOLE John's phone!! (And here I am apologizing to him!!) How frustrating!! We were able to run to the store, buy a new phone and transfer our number & minutes to the new phone. By the end of the weekend all was fixed, but it certainly does make you wonder about some people!

1 comment:

arah said...

it happens all the time with the CricKet phones. seems like everyones phone has been stolen or people bring in a stolen phone to be activated...which we can't. The nerve of some people...