Friday, September 12, 2008

Book Club (Review)

I'm totally plagiarizing. I guess if I give credit, then it is ok? So I really liked Mollie's spin on the Book Club evening. Here is what she had to say: "We had a great book club discussion on Sam Carter's patio, complete with delicious treats, and Audrey's blankets to snuggle into when the air got chilled." Doesn't that sound lovely? I think we'll go with that rendition!!

We were supposed to all share our favorite summer read. Mine was the "Home to Harmony" series by Philip Gulley. It tells the story about a Quaker minister in a small town and all the goof-ball things he has to deal with. It reminds me of the Mitford series by Jan Karon with a twist of Garrison Keillor's storytelling thrown in. He is very funny. I've read 6 of the books so far and find myself reading passages aloud to either John or Audrey, whomever is closer at the time. I would highly recommend this series if you want a good, clean laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have so many yummy treats on your blog. My mouth is watering! Too bad I missed out. Darn flu! It would've been fun to hear about all of the books. I am into Jane Austen right now. Never read any of her books before and I am really loving them. I'll have to check out "Home to Harmony." They sound interesting!! I am always looking for different genres.

:) Tiff