Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Coffee Anyone?


We had corporate visitors today at the office so my District Manager asked me to stop by the Safeway store and get 2 carafes of coffee along with some pastries. I called ahead and they had the coffee ready, so I quickly picked up & paid for the items. I headed over to my office and just about a block away when turning a corner I could tell that one of the carafes tipped to the side. I thought that the seal would probably hold and I was quite nearly at work, so I did not stop until I pulled into my parking spot. I opened up the back seat to take everything out and the carafe was completely on it's side and I had lost about 1/2 of the pot on the floor mat of my car. I pulled out the mat and set it on the pavement and went about getting all the items into the office and set up for company. My boss had pulled in when I did and helped me haul everything upstairs. Then he said, "You'd better go rinse that out". Well, here I was in a dress and the only place I could think to rinse it out was the shower stall in the ladies room. So I held the mat in the stall, held my arms out as far as possible, put the curtain between my dress and the shower and turned on the sprayer. It just dripped brown water and I was getting a little sprinkled too. So I leaned it up to "drain" and headed upstairs. About mid-way through the morning I did the same thing again until it no longer drained brown.

The fun thing is that my car smells like fresh ground coffee now. It's pretty strong. I've never had coffee, but the smell is actually ok. John says we should take a member of the Bishopric home from an activity sometime... and not say anything about the smell. Just see if they start to get worried that we've started consuming coffee or something. What a kidder.

No comments: