Monday, June 2, 2008
Sleeping Porch
I will post a few pictures of the Sleeping Porch at Lacey. Look at the 2nd story at the tiny window. That will be your focal point for this post:
The awesome thing about the sleeping porch is that they had just put paneling over the original woodwork. Note the tiny window (on the left of the picture).
So once we removed the paneling, we could see the exact outline of where the sleeping porch used to be open to the outside (anything with the pink insulation was open). Once again, see how small the window was compared to how open the view and space used to be.
This is the view from the master bedroom. There is the original door and two windows that open, in case you want to get a little breeze. 
Stay tuned for more pictures. On my way home tonight I stopped by to say hi to John, and he had opened up the space and was having me help him hold up the 12 foot header beam that he was installing. I will have more pictures soon to update.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
looks like a fun project.
Why would they put such a small window in there. I can't wait to see it when it is all done!
fun project! it looks like a really cool house you guys are fixing up. I love old houses, but I'm pretty sure Brandon would never let me buy one just for the fun of it. I guess I'll have to save my money and do it all by myself someday! Post more pics of the progress when you get a chance!
Post a Comment