
I had the greatest dad in the whole world. I will miss him always. Being the first Father's Day without him, I was not sure how my day would go. Started pretty good. Jessie had asked me to play the organ, so I was up at the organ playing the opening hymn. They had announced that Brother Kunz would say the prayer and when he was walking up during the last verse of the hymn, something my friend Juli (Kunz) said to me came into my mind. She said I could always borrow her dad if I needed to. It was just very sweet when she said it, and then especially sweet to remember that today as I saw him heading toward the podium. Do you know how hard it is to play when the tears are falling? The rest of the day was nice. After church we went home and had John's favorite salad - Pesto Tortellini salad. I had also made a new dish, Ocean Chicken. (Recipes for another day.) They were both hits and we relaxed by watching "The Bucket List" about two older guys who were dying. OK, so more crying today. I know I'm crying because I do miss my dad - just having him there, his words of wisdom, and as the summer progresses I will be missing his veggie garden. I would stop by his house on my way home from work and we'd go into the garden to pick whatever was ready that day. He was a hard worker and taught me a great work ethic. He could also fix or make anything. He was incredibly talented and quite the inventor. I love you dad. I miss you dad.
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing such sweet memories of your dad. I just love that his face is glowing in the picture.
What a beautiful way to pay tribute to your father on Father's Day. He was a very handsome man.
I am a little behind the times and didn't know about your dad. Sorry to hear that. It is always great to have good memories and good friends to help it go better.
Post a Comment