Saturday, June 21, 2008

Quick Fruit Salad


I got this recipe years ago from my friend, Necielle. She laughed when she gave it to me because she said it was so easy. But tasty! Usually John would not eat a salad like this because it has "Fish Bait" in it (marshmallows). There are only certain food items that should contain marshmallows per John (s'mores only!). So after I made him take a taste bite today, I was surprised when he wanted more. So this recipe is a keeper:

QUICK FRUIT SALAD
8 oz Cool-Whip
2 (11oz) cans mandarin oranges, drained
1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple, NOT drained
1 (3.4oz) package instant pudding - lemon, vanilla, etc.
Today I used Coconut Cream (yum!)
16 oz Marshmallows (add as much or as little as you like)

Mix it all together and let set for a few hours. Great salad to take to potlucks on hot days when you don't want to do any cooking.

No comments: