
So we thought everything was going just fine for Sidney and on Sunday evening when I was petting her, I felt a HUGE lump which turned out to be an abscess because of the puncture / bite wound. So we took her to the vet on Monday and were told to pick her up anytime after 3pm, but before they closed at 6pm as they would need to drain it. So after work I stopped by to pick up Audrey (because picking up kitty from the vet is a two person job!) and headed to pick up Sidney. When we got there, the front office person said to the vet assistant that we were there to pick up "the feisty one". And then the vet assistant, a sweet elderly lady said very slowly - "Oh..." But then they spent a few minutes sharing the news that we would have to give her a pill twice a day. I swear they were giggling! The vet came out shortly afterward and said "Sorry, we had to sedate her" while in my mind I'm saying "yah think?" and then he explained that she needed to spend the night because of the sedation. Poor Kitty! We did get them to catch her up on her shots since we had her there, as I'm certain we're not getting her to go back any time soon!!
1 comment:
Your cat is a trooper. Hope she recovers quickly! we picked up a stray a month ago and she is a little sweetie. She comes over every night. So we named her Bella Nightfall.
Post a Comment