Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow!


The Spokane area had a record snowfall in a 24 hour period. I believe it was 24+ inches, depending on exactly where you were located. Here is a picture of the amount of snow that accumulated just overnight on my car. This was about 6:30am and it continued to snow the entire day. Even though the 24+ inches were the record for the 24-hr period, there already was snow on the ground too, so moving all that snow was difficult for the plows to keep up with. We got up on Thursday and found out that the schools were closed, so that meant John and Audrey had the day off. But since I had never had a snow day, I headed off to work. None of the roads I went on were plowed and my little car is very low to the ground when there are 24 inches of snow. My poor car had to be a snow plow itself. It was one of those days when you just keep driving and do not stop for fear of never being able to go again. Well, I got to work and then was told that I could head on home and work remotely. Thanks bosses!! THREE times I got stuck on the way home and had to have someone push me - this was not stuck in the snow bank stuff, but stuck while driving along the regular roadway! WOW!

PS - they closed all the malls in this area by 1pm Thursday. We NEVER close malls here!

No comments: