Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Birthday Festivities

I had a fun day on my birthday. Audrey had whispered to John on Sunday night that she wanted to wake up before me so we would have time to open presents before Seminary started (6am). I took this as a challenge! So the moment my alarm went off, I hopped out of bed and took a shower : ) I got downstairs to find 3 presents, one from John (rice cooker), one from Audrey ("Hello Cupcake" book) and one from Sidney (Tony Bennett Christmas CD). The cat even signed the paper with her paw print and claw marks..evidently she was having some issues with the tape. Nice morning! Mom had given me my present earlier, a CD by Five by Design. And I did not post a picture of the apron the sis made for me. Isn't it cute?? Then I got to work and these were at my desk. They were from my 2 bosses, Craig & Brian. They also took me to lunch at Clinkerdagger's with the Director of Public Affairs, who happened to be in town. Cherie was a riot! We have a love-hate relationship. She even said this at lunch. "Sam, even when I'm mad at you, I use you as an example when telling others how to do things. And you know I only get mad at you because you are ALWAYS right!!" The bosses then presented me with a couple gift cards (Michaels & Safeway) as an early Christmas present.

That evening we met up with Ralph, JoAnn & John's mom. She took us out to Casa de Oro for our birthdays. Had a great time - thanks!! We even ran into the Kunz's (Sylvia & Chris & Cindy) from our ward (they were seated right across from us). The waiters sang to me too: What a VERY, VERY fun day!!

2 comments:

Dot said...

Sounds like fun... but I would have chosen to sleep in rather than get up extra early on my birthday! LOL. Joben is up at 6 am every morning so sleeping in is a real treat.

hillari said...

that does sound like fun! I love the apron.