Sunday, October 19, 2008

Super Saturday

After my morning at Greenbluff with the family, I headed over to the church to participate in a few hours of our Super Saturday craft day. I had only signed up for one very cute project (the others were cute too, I just did not sign up for them). Here is the craft I was working on - an advent calendar using a 24-count mini muffin tin and then covering magnetic sheets with scrapbook paper & embelishments to hide the contents of each of the tins. What an adorable idea! I timed it so that I arrived just before lunch and the luncheon was indeed yummy. Laura had made a chicken enchilada cream soup that was served with tortilla chips, shredded cheese and Larry's homemade salsa. Then they served scary punch (7-up, rainbow sherbet, gummy worms) and some fun Halloween-themed desserts that Becki had made (Frankenstein decorated cookies, "Ants" made from chocolate donut holes, and a delicious pumpkin bar). Here is a picture of the Ants. Aren't they fun?!?

No comments: