Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Scrapbook Retreat

A group of us started to scrapbook together quite a number of years ago. We went to Mary's house each week, religiously. A few years ago the numbers dwindled and it really got down to just me and Mary. About once a month one of the others would be able to make it, but it wasn't the same consistancy. So we took about 6 months off.

We got together today to have a mini-scrapbook retreat to catch up! Mary graciously let us use her lake home for the event. It was a potluck salad, swim if we had time, and scrapbook evening. Amy, Jessie, Kathy, Mary and I were the originals and then we invited Angela to join the party, too. Due to some last minute scheduling issues, Amy & Jessie were unable to make it and Kathy had to come late, so Mary, Angela and I started the party by the lake. It was very relaxing. Angela was the only one that actually got into the water, but she looked like she had a good time : ) We had Taco Salad (Mary), Potato Salad (Angela), Fruit Salad (Sam) and Chicken Salad (Kathy) for dinner. We thought later we should have made dessert, but I don't think we would have had any room? I got quite a few pages done, had a full tummy with yummy food, stayed up past my bedtime and got a chance to visit. Good evening!

No comments: