Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Camp Review
Audrey went to the Post-Girl's Camp fireside today. My favorite part of this event is the $1.00 picture CD with something like 700 pictures. They have different people take pictures throughout the week so that you ultimately end up with a few pictures of each girl and some different perspectives. Here is my favorite picture of their Canoe Trip:
They also have a tradition of taking pictures of relatives together. Audrey had us watch the Camp DVD also and they came to the relative pictures. There was one with all the Demars sisters and their kids. I said "Oh look, the Demars" and then Audrey tells me I'm wrong, "That's the Lakes" because of course, the YW Stake President is Jenna Lake so that was how Audrey had known her. But since we've been in the stake so long and knew them when they were growing up, it was "the Demars". I also made her pause the DVD at other pictures so I could explain how Jill and Krissy were related (for instance). It is kind of funny how we all seem to be related somehow...So here is Audrey with Mariska Gramlow and Angela & Christie Heerdink. Do you know how we're related ? : ).
One of the evenings during camp is Bishop's Night. The Bishop (and usually the Bishop's wife) along with YW Leaders come up to camp. They come up for dinner and the group fireside, and then break off into their own ward groups for a fireside put on by the Bishop. I don't think I've seen a larger group picture of our ward at Girl's Camp, counting the times I would go up as YW President and any of Audrey's years at camp. Look at this group!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! I like the idea of the picture cd.
LOVED seeing these pictures! These girls are all so beautiful and so grown up! I really miss them!
Post a Comment