Sheesh, what a scary sounding movie... Anyway, the Par-Tay van took a road trip to Newport, about 50 miles up the road. (The Par-Tay van being driven by Grandma) We went with Grandma, Mariska and Dakota to the Roxy Theatre in Newport Saturday night. It is a place that holds some fun memories for me as "my" Grandma Whisler would take us there when we stayed at her house for a week each summer. This movie was another (on the list of movies) that I personally would not have chosen to see. But I was (again) pleasantly surprised. The basic premise is that Prince Nuada breaks an ancient truce with the mystical world and the humans in order to rule the Earth (and release the Golden Army), so Hellboy and his team must save the world. Hellboy's team includes his pyrokinetic girlfriend, Liz, an aquatic empath, Abe, and a protoplasmic mystic, Johan. It wasn't scary at all. More of a sci-fi action movie with a bunch of comedy thrown in. It was pretty funny. Take the time that Abe and Hellboy were commiserating over their loves and started singing along with Barry Manilow's "Can't Smile Without You". Our audience was great as they sang along also. In fact, the closing credits were to that song. ...Can't smile without you. I can't smile without you. I can't laugh and I can't sing. I'm finding it hard to do anything you see I ... (Yes, I was a big Barry Manilow fan while growing up and did not have to look up those lyrics at all).
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Hell Boy
Sheesh, what a scary sounding movie... Anyway, the Par-Tay van took a road trip to Newport, about 50 miles up the road. (The Par-Tay van being driven by Grandma) We went with Grandma, Mariska and Dakota to the Roxy Theatre in Newport Saturday night. It is a place that holds some fun memories for me as "my" Grandma Whisler would take us there when we stayed at her house for a week each summer. This movie was another (on the list of movies) that I personally would not have chosen to see. But I was (again) pleasantly surprised. The basic premise is that Prince Nuada breaks an ancient truce with the mystical world and the humans in order to rule the Earth (and release the Golden Army), so Hellboy and his team must save the world. Hellboy's team includes his pyrokinetic girlfriend, Liz, an aquatic empath, Abe, and a protoplasmic mystic, Johan. It wasn't scary at all. More of a sci-fi action movie with a bunch of comedy thrown in. It was pretty funny. Take the time that Abe and Hellboy were commiserating over their loves and started singing along with Barry Manilow's "Can't Smile Without You". Our audience was great as they sang along also. In fact, the closing credits were to that song. ...Can't smile without you. I can't smile without you. I can't laugh and I can't sing. I'm finding it hard to do anything you see I ... (Yes, I was a big Barry Manilow fan while growing up and did not have to look up those lyrics at all).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sam you are hilarious! I couldn't imagine you at this movie. That's so neat that you are a movie goer like Dave and I. We go every weekend to see the newest flicks.
I wasn't at all interested in Hellboy, but now I am intrigued.
:) Tiff
Yeah, that is totally a movie I would be less than interested in going too. It sounds like you're a good sport. :)
Post a Comment