Saturday, August 2, 2008
Lacey - Front Porch
To get the TRUE picture of what has been changed on the front porch (and how much work has been put into it), I thought I'd post this picture of what the porch looked like days after we bought the house in June 2007.
Below is a collage of things that Audrey & John have been working on. Some of the items that have changed: the OSB sheeting that used to be the flooring on the porch was replaced with 6" tongue and groove; cement cores were poured underneath all pillars so that the weight of the house was not resting on the porch; all the pillars were wrapped with smooth sheeting & trimmed out (see detail); the old 2x4 with 1x1 post railing was replaced with a new railing (slats, trim pieces, router details, etc). We still have the second coat of paint on the rails and the deck wash & seal to do next week. But I think it looks much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment