Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My kiddo

Sorry, there will be no pictures on this entry... you will just have to believe it actually happened! Let me tell you the facts: First, it is in the 90's again today. Second, Audrey had already been helping John at the Lacey project since about noon. Third, no A/C at the Lacey house.

The usual schedule for Audrey is Driver's Ed in the morning, John picks her up at noon and takes her to Lacey, and I pick up a hot, hungry & tired teenager after I get off work. Today I swing by after work to see how things are going. John and Audrey were both showing me projects that they had gotten done or that they were working on. Awhile later I say "Audrey, are you ready to go?" Audrey looks at me and says "I thought you just wanted to stop and see what we did" and then looks at John and says "Can I stay and work? I want to paint and caulk some more." At this point I tell John to get ready to catch me as I'm about to faint (from the shock)!! I'm laughing, John is laughing and Audrey looks at us seriously and asks us what is so funny. Then she says again how she really enjoys painting and getting work done, even if it means she'll be working until 9pm tonight.

Kind of cool, huh? She is quite a neat kiddo!!

No comments: