Sunday, July 20, 2008

Curses

We were invited to dinner at JoAnn & Ralph's to celebrate the recent July birthdays in the family. Dinner was fabulous: chicken enchiladas, green salad, frog eye salad, veggies & dip, broccoli and birthday cake with ice cream. Though the dinner conversation was great and it was nice to visit with the relatives, the fun really began after Joseph opened his birthday present - the game "Curses". I had never heard of this game, nor obviously played it. Boy was I in for a treat. The basic premise is that every time you pick a card, you do what is says (example: try to explain to the officer why you were speeding) and then you also get dealt cards by others in the group telling you something you have to do (example: speak like a pirate anytime you speak). Poor John, he had to speak like a French man, speak like a vampire and be a ventriloquist all at the same time. Once someone catches you not doing what you are supposed to do (like bark anytime the person on your left speaks), then you loose that card. Loose 3 cards and you are out of the game. For some of us (me) it was a relief once I lost my cards so I could speak normally and not have to "think" all the time!

No comments: