Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Iron Man

We headed out to the Northside and had dinner at the Wall Street Diner. This is the second time we have eaten here and I would recommend it to anyone. I had the Monte Cristo sandwich last time (very yummy), but this time ordered a Ham/Pineapple/Cheese grilled sandwich (also quite tasty). I cannot remember what John ate last time, but this time he ordered the meatloaf and it was fabulous. I kept sneaking bites - I don't think he would have noticed except I kept making "mmmm" noises - it was really quite good. Audrey ordered a ham & cheese omelet. The waitress punched in the order wrong and so she got a Denver omelet instead. I just thought my daughter was becoming more brave in her food choices what with the green peppers & onions all mixed in with the ham & cheese, but then we figured out the problem. The folks were so gracious and fixed her up a new omelet with just her ham & cheese. Afterwards we headed over to the Garland to see the movie "Iron Man". This was one of those movies where I was not sure I would want to go, but was pleasantly surprised when it was over. I really liked it. Fun & funny & full of adventure. Of course, the guy was amazingly talented to whip up the technology just like that : )

No comments: