
Our New Beginnings was held tonight with "Carnival of Values" as the theme. Everything was decorated with balloons and in the value colors (of course). Each leader was in charge of a station and the girls and their parents rotated through all the stations during the evening. My station was Knowledge. I was instructed to have some type of trivia game ready, so I brought our laptop and had a Jeopardy game loaded. I got the idea off a website, but then created some of my own questions so that some questions were church related and some were not. My ending line each session was to remind everyone that we can spend a lot of time gaining knowledge, but that some of the knowledge we gain can be rather trivial and we should choose wisely. The other stations were Faith (they did the Faith Fall), Good Works (they tied a quilt), Divine Nature (nail polish booth), Choice and Accountability (a game where they flipped a coin and then made their decisions), Virtue (a memory game), Integrity (a board game) and Individual Worth (a game where they raced to finish certain tasks). They had popcorn and drinks for the refreshments.