Friday, February 6, 2009

Ramen Salad


Do you sometimes misplace the recipe that you are used to using? I have found the Allrecipes.com website helpful in those situations! We were having company over and I wanted to make the Ramen Salad. I could not find the recipe I normally used, but found this one. Thought the title a little different, I'm sure it means something.

LAP SALAD
2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
2 oz sliced almonds
2 green onions, chopped
1 TB sugar
2 TB Sesame seeds
1 package ramen noodles, crushed
1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
3 TB rice vinegar

Combine chicken, nuts, onion, sugar, sesame seeds, noodles and their flavor packet and cabbage in large bowl. In small bowl combine oil, salt, pepper and vinegar. Pour oil mixture over noodle mixture. Let stand a couple hours in the refrigerator and then serve. (I think John also added some pine nuts, because he likes them...)