Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Poppy Seed Ham Rolls

Tried a new recipe today. I had the day off and figured I had no excuse not to have a nice dinner ready for Audrey & John when they got home. Recipe called for 15 dinner rolls. I used the large French rolls made by the bakery and since they were larger and our family is smaller, I only made 4 and then scaled back the topping as well as the meat & cheese. These were a hit with John and I. Audrey did not like all the poppy seeds coming off on her hand while she ate them. They were definitely finger food, not fork & knife fare!
POPPY SEED HAM ROLLS
15 Dinner rolls
1 lb. Sliced deli Black Forest ham
1/2 lb. Sliced Swiss cheese
Mayonnaise

Topping Ingredients (enough to make 15 rolls, scale back as needed)
1 1/2 T. poppy seeds
1 1/2 T. prepared mustard
1 T. minced onion
1 cube butter, melted
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Make sandwiches by spreading mayo inside rolls. Add ham and cheese. Place inside baking pan. Mix together topping ingredients and pour by spoonfuls over each roll. Cover with foil. Place in fridge to marinate for several hours (or can do overnight). Loosen foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, until cheese melts.