Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

John and I had a lovely Valentine's Day. He was so kind - first he went to a chick flick with me. Thanks honey! We saw "He's Just Not That Into You". We definitely liked some of the characters and their storyline better than some. I liked Jennifer Aniston's character the best (and her boyfriend Ben Affleck) and then Ginnifer Goodwin and Justin Long's relationship was a close second. I really did not care for Bradley Cooper or Scarlett Johansson's characters. And yes, I did tear up a couple times during the movie!!After the movie we headed to a French bistro restaurant - Madeleine's. I had heard some reviews about it and had wanted to try it out.We each ordered a salad-trio plate and some of the salad choices we tried were a Curry Chicken Couscous, a Potato Salad Nicoise and a Pesto & Pea Pasta. The food was OK/fine and we probably won't head back, but it was fun to experiment and try something different. And it did seem terribly romantic to be in a French bistro on Valentine's Day.