Saturday, November 23, 2013

John's Birthday Movie & Dinner

Today we celebrated John's birthday. He'll be 51 in a couple days, but since going to movies is a fun Saturday event - we decided to sneak it in a few days early. The birthday boy either was teasing us or had a hard time choosing which movie to go to. Finally he told us he had picked "Thor". Since I had not watched the first Thor movie, Audrey said it was mandatory that I watched it before seeing the second Thor movie. So we woke up really early this morning and watched it, then cleaned the house, and then headed downtown to see Thor. It was great! And Audrey was correct, I did need to see the first movie so I was thoroughly caught up with the plot. I like how the Marvel movies throw in action and humor. And I do enjoy the Stan Lee cameos.


Since we had popcorn during the movie, we were not ready for the celebration meal until later. So after doing some errands, we went to Casa de Oro for dinner. Always good service and quick seating. Thanks John for giving us an excuse for a movie and dinner!