Today was our 25th wedding anniversary. Cannot believe that we've been married for a quarter of a century! Time is going quickly and boy do we look young! We were married in the Seattle Temple on November 25, 1988. That year we had Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandma Whisler's house, got stuck in a snowbank on the way out of town, drove over to Seattle on Thursday night, got married on Friday and then drove back to Spokane for the reception on Saturday. (And then John and I drove back to Seattle on Sunday morning to fly out to Hawaii for our honeymoon).
1988
2014
I was into Precious Moments figurines when we got married. Below is the one I bought to commemorate our wedding in 1988 and the one I bought for our 25th Anniversary in 2014.
To celebrate, we went to dinner at the Wolf Lodge Inn. John ordered the huckleberry ribs and I had a steak. They brought out a special dessert for celebrations - looked like a baked potato! Ice cream, cocoa powder and whipped cream. We did not know they were bringing out a complimentary dessert, so I had ordered the chocolate cake also. We brought most of it home for Audrey to help me finish, but did finish the ice cream baked potato before leaving. A very nice anniversary dinner with my sweetie!