Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sam's Birthday Celebration

I'm sure we always just need excuses to celebrate, but since last Saturday much of the day was spent at the Ward Christmas party, we needed to fit in the "birthday-movie-lunch" event we always do. My movie of choice was "Lincoln". I loved it! I could not believe how drop-a-pin-quiet the movie theater was during the entire movie. We just sat and watched the whole thing and then the audience clapped when it was over. First sound we heard for over two hours besides the movie track.


Then, because we had a coupon, we went to Red Robin. I know - it was the exact place we went to for John's birthday celebration just a few weeks before. But what really cracked me up when I downloaded my pictures? I'm wearing the same shirt.....  really, same shirt? really, same restaurant?  I'll have to work on being more unique for my 47th year!!  And really love the picture Audrey captured with Banzai burger dripping down my face.


We walked over to the Davenport to check out the gingerbread houses on the mezzanine level. I love the Davenport when it is all decked out for the holidays. And look at that gingerbread (green) cookie tree! Amazing talent! We purchased some Bruttles (soft peanut brittle) before heading home.



And then drove by John's first home purchase. It had a sign in the window so looked like perhaps it was owned by the bank now. John bought, fixed up and sold this house before we even started dating. I think home remodeling is in his blood.


And just because we love to fit a million things into one day, I went with my mom to the Holiday Pops symphony while John and Audrey went to Jon & Molly's wedding reception. The only hitch was our pre-paid parking. They are supposed to reserve the spots that the symphony patrons have paid for, but they did not... so we had to back up out of the parking lot (only one way in/out) and find a place to park on the snowy streets. But the concert was great! Always love to hear "Sleigh Ride" by Leroy Anderson. This year there were a few fun additions - "Bassoon It Will Be Christmas" and "Holiday Overture, both by James Stephenson as well as "Fantasia on Christmas Carols" by Vaughan Williams.



No comments: