Friday, December 7, 2012

Busy Week

This was the start of the busy holiday season and a busy week! I had various groups to accompany on the piano (choir on Sunday and performance on Saturday; practice with Mario on Wednesday and play for him on Sunday; practice with Tiffani & daughter on Thursday and play for them on Saturday) . Grandma agreed to go with Audrey to the MAC on Wednesday as part of a homework assignment Audrey needed to complete. John & Audrey helped to set up for the Ward Christmas party both on Friday evening and early Saturday morning. And I had a Christmas work party for one of my districts on Tuesday (Steam Plant Grill) and then the other district on Friday (Moses Lake). For both of these events I was tasked with getting all the reservations & arrangements made and then getting various award information to my bosses. It made for a busy work week as well.

Some extra fun at the Friday work party, however. Because my birthday was the next day, my store managers got together and surprised me at the Friday event. Honestly, my mind was not on my birthday at all, so it really was a true surprise. They gave me a huge gift basket and then the most delicious birthday cake I've had in a long time. It was chocolate and white marble cake with a strawberry filling in the center, a light chocolate mousse topping and then chocolate ganache over all. Absolutely decadent!




No comments: