Thursday, December 13, 2012

Distribution Center Luncheon

Today was yet another party & celebration. This was the annual Christmas luncheon held at the distribution center. Instead of having a restaurant cater as they had done in the past, this year they scaled back and prepared all the food themselves. The meal was no less remarkable though. They served prime rib, baked potatoes, green salad and various desserts. Delicious! Cindy (produce) had asked me if I would make cookies. I agreed, and then had a busy, busy schedule to include the Relief Society Christmas Progressive Party event last night. I had been asked to accompany Rochelle. The event started at Bouvier's (music program), then Simmon's (craft), and finally Whalen's (dessert). Fun and snowy event. I mixed the cookies and then had to leave. I thought I would be baking cookies when I got home, but John did the majority of the work and had them boxed and ready to go by the time I got home. Thanks sweetie - that is a lot of cookies!!


SNICKERDOODLES
2 & 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes if using a mixer. Mix in eggs until well combined. Gradually mix in flour until dough forms. In a separate, small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon together. Shape dough into 1 & 1/2 inch balls. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar. Space about 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes at 350 degrees.