We got on the road around 10:30am or so and headed home. We stopped in Pocatello to get gas, but decided to have lunch in Idaho Falls. Unfortunately, we blew right past Idaho Falls without stopping. Do you know that there is not much between Idaho Falls and Dillon, Montana in the way of restaurants? Probably good places to eat if you know the area, but just from looking from I-15 the choices did not appear to be many. So when we got to Dillon, it was about 3pm and we were starving. McDonald's? Subway? Safeway? Safeway won and John & I had one of their signature sandwiches (The Western - delicious by the way) and the girls had Mac-n-cheese, chocolate milk and fortune cookies. After being well fed we got back on the road for quite awhile and stopped at the last rest stop in Montana to clean off the bugs on the windshield. The girls were horrified at John's special recipe - he swears by it... spit. He says it works every time!Having been born and raised in Spokane, there is just nothing that compares to driving on I-90 headed west, right at the Montana/Idaho border when you just get to the top of Look Out Pass, heading down into Idaho - - what a beautiful view! Especially after driving in desert areas this past week. I remember when I lived in Utah during my young adult days and I just plain missed the trees. Tonight we hit the top of Look Out Pass right when the sun was a beautiful orange, starting to set. We got into Coeur d'Alene with the sun at the pink stage and the lake at a peaceful blue shade. Home - sigh... (I'm sure everyone has their view that feels home to them, but for me it is the pine trees and the lake).
Wow, what a fun trip!! Put 1930.4 miles on the car and now I'm ready for a nap.