Sunday, August 23, 2009
Utah Trip - Day #2
After breakfast at the hotel, we were back on the road. It was overcast and cooler today, which was nice for the drive. We stopped at Idaho Falls to see the temple and then Pocatello for lunch. We crossed into Utah and about Brigham City it started to rain very hard - you know the kind where your windshield wipers don't go fast enough? But do you pull over (you cannot see) or keep going 70mph (you cannot see) and what about everyone else who cannot see?? Thankfully a semi-truck was right in front of me and I could see the top right corner of his trailer. I followed it, white-knuckle, until the rain slowed down. The evening news said it dropped 2 inches of rain during the storm - I can believe it! Once we were to Ogden we were past the storm and the remaining trip to our hotel was without incident.