
We met up with Kathy, Brianna, James & Cameron at Silverwood today - another fun way to spend a week-day off from work!! While Kathy & Cameron did the low intensity rides, the rest of us did the main roller coasters: Timber Terror, Tremors and Corkscrew. Then John, Brianna and Audrey did the newer roller coaster, Aftershock. They loved it! I was not sure I was ready for this. (Here is the website description: Once you board, the cars will slowly move backwards up the starting tower until you’re staring straight at the ground at nearly 190 feet in the air. Then gravity will take over and pull you 177 feet straight down as you reach speeds of 65 miles per hour! You’ll twist and turn though mind-blowing loops and rolls until you reach the second tower. This time, you’ll be looking at the sky as the coaster pulls you upward at a 90 degree angle, only to release and send you barreling through the whole thing backwards!) While I was waiting as they stood in line, the ride operators had to clean up something on the coaster. Then I saw it happen again. Note, that when they clean they had the ride shut down for 15 minutes or so (to make sure they got everything). Not sure what bodily fluid was being cleaned up - someone said nose bleed, but I was thinking loosing-carnival-food-type-issue. I just couldn't get myself into trying that after watching the clean up twice - figured I would be next! We met up with Kathy & Cameron to rest and watch the Magic Show. Afterwards we headed to Thunder Canyon and got nice and wet. Then we did the Round Up to dry off, not sure that worked really well, though I did get some great grate marks on the backs of my legs. Audrey thought it looked funny. We went on a few more rides before stopping at Lindy's to eat. After dinner Brianna went on Timber Terror - this time with Cameron. He got off and you could just tell he LOVED it! Brianna was spending the night at our house so we split off at that time to head home, but the line in front of Roaring Creek log flume was short so we went on that ride. John and I pretended it was the tunnel of love - the girls did not appreciate that too much. We had a great time today and could not believe we did not have time to venture over to Boulder Beach at all - another visit! On our way home on I-95 (right where all the businesses are) I stopped (from 45mph) because I saw something on the highway - it was a mama deer, 2 babies and then the dad following shortly behind. Stopped 4 lanes of traffic for a few minutes while they crossed, almost literally in the cross walk. Cute.