Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wicked

Since we enjoyed ourselves so much the last time we saw Wicked, we had to buy tickets when we heard they were coming back to Spokane. I contacted the box office on 12/2/2013 and was able to purchase seats in row A - yes, row A!  Our seats were 27/28 which were as close to the center as was available. I loved sitting in the first row behind the orchestra pit since there was no one's head in our way - plus we could see them sweat!! Definitely worth the splurge!

We went early so we had time for dinner at The Onion. Audrey enjoyed her buffalo burger and I enjoyed a chicken salad sandwich. We walked over to the INB Performing Arts Center, (I will always call this the Opera House....), and checked out the souvenirs before heading to our front row seats....sorry, could not resist saying that again!!

Audrey said these performers were the best she has seen, second only to the original production cast. Kara Lindsay played Glinda and Laurel Harris was Elphaba. It was just as magical as the first time we went. We are fans of the "Popular" song and of course "Defying Gravity". Great cast - great performance!!