Saturday, October 5, 2013

Betsy Ross Spinet

Here is the Betsy Ross Spinet that I've played for about 10 or 12 years. It was unique in 2 ways. The keys are curved / rounded so no edge to the white keys at all. That was actually a very nice feature. Second, the lighter brown in the picture? That is some type of Naugahyde or some other faux material. When I first looked at it, it was in a dark room and I did not realize it was not wood until we had gotten it home. Seems obvious in this picture because of the sunlight. I kept it covered with a crocheted doily my Grandma Whisler had made for me - she is the one who taught me how to play the piano. We were able to give the piano to the daughter of someone in our ward.


Before they picked it up, I tried to take pictures of a few more interesting details. These were added by young-artist-Audrey. First there is a smiling man on the wood where the music was placed and next, the words "Zorro" along the section behind the keys. I was able to be reminded every time I sat down to play!