Saturday, March 9, 2013

War Horse




I originally purchased the Best of Broadway tickets for Audrey and I to attend, however, she had so much homework to finish and just not enough time in the day to do it. So John and I went instead. We first had dinner at Casa de Oro and then headed downtown. It was a wonderful performance! Definitely was not the normal fun/musical performances we've gone to before. This was a deeply moving and creative show. When the performance concluded, the theater was virtually silent before the clapping started. A little about the production: "War Horse originally opened in 2007 at the National Theatre of Great Britain. The collaboration with South Africa's Handspring Puppet Company produced a performance that immediately began selling out and soon the performance moved to London's West End. In 2011, Ware Horse opened at the Lincoln Center and won 5 Tony Awards. The tour launched in June 2012 in Los Angeles, and Spokane is only the 19th city in the United States to experience this stunning production"