Sunday, March 24, 2013

Stake Easter Program

I was asked to co-accompany the Spokane Valley Stake choir for an Easter presentation. I played the piano and Jackie Halversen was on the organ while Becki Stevens was our director. We had practices on February 24th, March 10th and March 17th. Our performance was on Sunday evening, March 24th. Between the Stake choir songs, each ward choir presented. Below was the order of the program (the portions that I participated). I really enjoyed the version of God So Loved the World. It was not the one I was familiar with, but it is probably my favorite version now.


  • Stake Choir - Come to Me - Music by Michael Kissinger and arrangement by Maria Manzo
  • Dr. Jared Evans solo - In My Father's House Are Many Mansions - Music by James MacDermid
  • West Valley Ward Choir - He is Risen from the Dead - Music by Sally DeFord
  • Stake Choir - This is the Christ - Music by Michael F. Moody, Words by James E. Faust, Jan Pinborough and arranged by Barlow Bradford
  • Stake Choir - God So Loved the World - Music by Carl J. Nygard, Jr