
We were invited to a Valentine's Party by the Bouviers and Freedlands. Boy do they know how to throw a bash! There was plenty of food - meatballs, chips/dip, cocktail wieners, chocolate fountain with angel food cake and fruit plus all the treats each couple brought (Carter, Gonzalez, Spear, Whalen, Adamson, Freedland, Bouvier, Murray, and a neighbor couple).
One of the first games was set up like The Dating Game, where the women were asked to answer some questions and then the men came in and gave what their responses were. And then the men had answered questions and we gave our responses. I cannot remember all the questions, but below are a few of them:
What she wore on our first date - this was easy for the newlywed couple who had only been married for 2 months, but for us that was 23+ years ago! John figured it was jeans and a blouse since we had gone to Kelly's at the State Line to dance. Wow he had a good memory! I had actually forgotten that was our first date.
Wife's Favorite dish - my problem here was I did not know my own favorite dish, so just said stroganoff. When John gave his answer (Chicken Osaka) I would have to agree that he did know which was my favorite dish!!
Favorite trip - this was extremely hard. We actually both had the same answer - all of them! We think fondly back on all our trips because we were together. Hawaii, Florida, Bahamas, New England, Disneyland, Utah, Seattle, Portland, etc.
How many pairs of shoes does she have...da-da-dum. Poor guy. I was embarrassed to actually put the real answer, so I under-bid. John gave a closer-to-real answer so we would have gotten a point if I had been more accurate. Check out these bad boys I bought right before Valentine's if you have any idea how much I love shoes!!
Then we had a different question and answer session - questions like who was married on or closest to an official holiday (Day after Thanksgiving for us); who has the closest birth dates (11 days apart for us); who gave the most creative Valentine gift to their spouse (when John had Stephanie Vigil, a local TV anchor, deliver chocolate covered strawberries to me at work); and which couple looks the most alike (we actually got a point on this as others think we look alike).
What a fun party!!