Sunday, April 25, 2010

Audrey's Talk

Audrey gave a talk in church today. I thought she did rather well:

My Personal Progress experience in Young Women’s was very enjoyable for me. When I first looked at what I had to do to accomplish Personal Progress, I thought it would be overwhelming. After reading through some of the experiences though, I realized that many of the things I had to do were things that I already did on a daily or weekly basis. All I had to do was organize myself and make a little extra time out of my day to work on an experience, and write down what I learned from it. Many of them were fairly simple like reading a few scriptures and answering some questions, or paying my tithing for 3 months. When I kept up with doing these experiences in a timely matter, I found out how quickly I could finish it. I’m proud to say I finished my Personal Progress before I turned 16, and I know that any young woman who sets their mind to it can do it just as quickly. I was personally excited when the new Personal Progress came out, because they came out with some new experiences. I know that even though I finished personal progress doesn’t mean that I should stop working on it. I have set a personal goal with myself to finish all of the extra experiences that I didn’t need to finish the first time, so that I can finish Personal Progress 100%. I also am working on the Honor Bee award which includes reading the Book of Mormon and helping other Young Women on their Personal Progress. I can personally testify that all young women have the ability to finish their Personal Progress, and that though it seems a daunting task, when you’re done, you will have a great sense of accomplishment.