Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wow, the daughter is a task master

We started our Saturday by cleaning the house. We divide the chores between the three of us and can usually get the house respectable in an hour. I somehow got out of cleaning the bathrooms this week so started working on the kitchen. The RS had just had a great enrichment night with three segments: (a) scrapbooking / photography (b) organizing & de-junking and (c) freezer meals. It was a fun evening and I picked up some helpful tips. I also must have gotten the de-junking bug because I started to make give-away piles as I went thru each of my kitchen cupboards & drawers. Audrey really enjoys this type of stuff, so she helped me immensely. Not only is she ruthless with my possessions (mom, you don't need this!) but she was also great to bounce off ideas. We ended up moving some things into different locations than they have been, that ultimately made more sense. Not sure why I never thought of moving them before. Well, we started around 8am and it was nearly 3pm when we were done. I was tuckered out! I have this "thing" that once I decide something is a give-away, I literally need to have it out of my house & to a good home within a day. I cannot keep things around if they've already been kicked out of my home. It was about noon that I called up my sister to see if she wanted to check out any of my goodies (some nice serving dishes were in the pile that I thought she might enjoy) and we invited them to dinner. So after my daughter worked me all day, then we made dinner & tried out a new recipe (5 Cheese Mac & Cheese) and tried my new Oreo cake pans. Productive day & lots of fun!