Wednesday, January 21, 2009

YW Activity: Ice Cream Values


As Beehive Advisor, I get to help with the Wednesday night activities. We had a fun activity where the girls learned all about the Young Women values. We introduced the values and then they spent some time on a worksheet (matching the colors, themes and scriptures to each value). Then the hard part! They had to memorize the scripture that went with the YW value - so by the end of the evening nearly all the girls had memorized at least 6 of the 8 scriptures! I was impressed as I am not a memorizer at all! Then Patty (the Beehive Counselor) had put pieces of paper into a cup and the girls drew out the same number of paper as the number of scriptures they memorized. The slips of paper had items like: spoon, bowl, banana, chocolate syrup, whipped cream. So the girls got to make banana splits with those items. What a fun activity - thanks for everything Patty!

No comments: