Thursday, November 6, 2008

Leaves!!

We live on a great street. Not only is it patriotic in name, but it has this awesome Tunnel-of-trees that you must pass to get to our house. If you go to our house from the other way, there is a tunnel-of-trees on that street too. And in our own yard we have two gorgeous red maple trees in the front yard and one yellow maple tree in the back. It can get quite colorful in our yard! See picture below from our yard taken around 5:30pm last night: The leaves had not fallen much before Halloween, so we planned to rake them on Saturday, but that day turned into a baptism - visit relatives - errand running day. Alas, when the weather forecast was checked, Wednesday was the only day of the 10-day forecast without rain. So we hustled after work & school but before YW and raked the leaves in the dark. 9 bags later, we got what was on the ground raked up. See the picture I took this morning in the rain...and see those leaves that have fallen from the tree just since last night. Another raking project will happen in the near future as nothing is worse in the spring than uncovering mushy leaves that have hibernated under the snow all winter.

2 comments:

hillari said...

we totally don't get colors like that here! beautiful. lots of work this time of year too. :)

arah said...

that sounds so familiar... I raked 18 bags (that's right, 18) so far. Then i decided that it wasn't worth raking again until they all fall off the trees. I think I have at least 10 bags of leaves to rake.
As much as it stinks to rake the leaves, I LOVE my trees... all 10 of them.