Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby Shower


Marcie and I gave our sister-in-law Anngela a baby shower on Tuesday. After stressing about the details all week, I was able to relax and enjoy the party. It was fun! Thanks to all who were able to make it. We served Pink Punch, Cucumber Sandwiches, Veggies & Dip, Spinach Dip and Sourdough Bread, Chocolate Cupcakes with Pink frosting, Pink M&M's, Pink jelly beans and Pink "Binky" favors. I was able to pull out all my American Prescut serving dishes and also to try out my new cupcake tree. Instead of playing the regular baby shower games, we did something different. I typed up a bunch of questions on pink paper and put them in a bowl. We had everyone pick a question out of the bowl and as Anngela would open their present, they would ask her the question they had chosen. The questions ranged from "What is your favorite restaurant" to "What was your favorite vacation since you've been married" to "Did you ever break a bone? Tell us about it" to "If you had a day all to yourself, what would you do" to "Tell us how much each of your babies weighed". I think everyone enjoyed this new twist on baby shower games as we all got to know more about Anngela and the focus stayed on her (as it should!). Marcie was going to take the remaining questions to Duane (Anngela's husband) to see how well he would fair : )

3 comments:

Dot said...

Looks like fun. I hope Anngela got lots of cute pink, purple, and frilly things for her little girl! (she needs lots after having 2 boys!)

hillari said...

that looks like a blast! Great idea about the game to keep the focus on her. could you wmail me her address?

Marcie Osborn said...

Sam geat party! It was very fun and organized.