For the last 4 months I have been attending practices for the Easter Cantata as I was asked to play the synthesizer. Since I had never played one before and I did not own one, it was a little out of my comfort zone! The choir practiced every Sunday for about 2 hours and the pianist, director and I got together a couple times for 3 & 1/2 hour practices too. Jackie Halversen did a wonderful job of directing the choir, writing the script, preparing the pictures for the slide show that played during the performance and arranging some of the numbers. There were a number of others that made the event go off so well, included my daughter. She was my official page turner and synthesizer-programmer. Some numbers had "voice" changes 3 or 4 times. Sometimes the synthesizer was a Guitar sound or Violin or Chapel Organ. Many of the times the "voice" changes happened when I was busy playing a measure of song. So Audrey had to follow where we were in the music and be ready for all these changes. She was also very helpful in the technical department. Not only setting up my equipment and speakers, but helping to figure out some issues we were having at dress rehearsal. It was an honor to be part of this wonderful program!!
The songs were: Let There Be Songs of Great Gladness; Jesus Once of Humble Birth; Behold Thy Handmaiden; Baby, What You Goin' to Be; Can This Be God's Son?; Jesus Was No Ordinary Man; Let the Children Come; A Child's Prayer / I Feel My Savior's Love; The Light of Christ; Take Your Rest, Dear Jesus; He is Not Here; He Lives!; and Jesus Paid it All.