Audrey was asked to speak on knowledge and I thought she did a wonderful job. Here is what she said: Knowledge was one of my favorite values to do in the Personal Progress book. My project was learning carpentry skills from my father and developing those skills so that I could remodel my room. In the other values of the Personal Progress book you also learn knowledge. I learned how to operate the light and sound boards at the high school, and how to be a stage technician for the stake play. Even after I finished getting my Young Women Recognition I still strive to learn new knowledge and skills. This school year I have been taking the welding class at the Spokane Skills Center. When I first walked into the class, the only thing I knew about welding was that you were somehow supposed to attach two pieces of metal together. Now I know the difference between an oxyfuel welding machine and a carbon arc cutting machine. I have also learned how to use shielded metal arc welding and gas metal arc welding. This year I still hope to learn the skill of flux core arc welding and how to perfect the plasma cutting machine. I encourage that even when you complete your Personal Progress book that you won't stop using the values in the book every day. Your life will be easier and you'll be more prepared in the future, and I can testify to that.
Afterwards they had a yummy popcorn treat. Below is the recipe.
SWEET POPCORN
14 c. popped popcorn
3 c. Rice Krispies
2 c. salted peanuts (10 oz can)
1 lb. Almond bark
3 T. peanut butter
Optional: Pretzels, M&M's, etc.
Optional: Chocolate Bark instead of Vanilla
Mix together popcorn, cereal, and nuts...set aside. Melt bark in double boiler and add peanut butter. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss well until everything is covered. Quickly pour out onto wax paper to cool; a thin layer so as to cool fast. Cool in air tight container. Makes approx. 24 cups or 12 treat bags full (2 cups each).