Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Calling

I am now the 3rd Sunday Relief Society teacher, for even months. This is in addition to my other callings (choir pianist, organist 4th and 5th Sundays) but since it is only teaching 6 times a year, I think it will be fine and not too overwhelming.

We also switched to the 1pm-4pm church time slot on January 3rd. Can I tell you it seems almost decadent to wait until 1pm to go to church? Since I don't have little kids at home, we all go into our various corners to read or study and so we all get a lot of personal time on Sunday mornings now. Since I normally am at work by 7AM on the week-days, I still get up pretty early. Plus, I can eat lunch before I go to church so my tummy is not rumbling during Sacrament meeting like it does when we attend the 11am-1pm schedule (and go to choir at 10am).