Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey Cookies


I made these little treats for the sisters I visit teach. I'm sure they were cuter on the website where I got the idea...

TURKEY COOKIES
Double Stuff Oreos (2 per turkey)
Small Reeses' Peanut Butter Cups (1 per turkey)
Whoppers (1 per turkey)
Candy Corn
White Frosting (in the tube for the eyes)
Chocolate Frosting (in the tub)

Take an Oreo and carefully separate one of the cookies from the frosting. Gently press the pointed tips of 6 candy corns around one half of the Oreo. My one turkey would only take 5, but 6 definately looks better! Take some frosting and cover the oreo cream and re-attach the cookie. Take the second oreo and lay it flat on the table. Pick up your Oreo with the candy corn and put some icing on the bottom of the oreo and attach it onto the flat oreo so that it is on the back half. Take the peanut butter cup and cut a small section off so it will be flat. Place some frosting on it and attach it (the body). Attach the Whopper on top of the peanut butter cup. Add two drops of white icing for the eyes. Cut the tips off of 2 candy corns (feet) and the remainder for the wings. I found that the chocolate frosting worked best for the "cement" and only used the white icing for the eyes.