Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lion King

I bought our Lion King tickets early enough (like 8 months ago) which meant we were able to get excellent seats - main floor row G! Audrey and I have been looking forward to this night for a long time. We started out the evening with dinner. She ordered steak and I ordered salmon. But the best part of our meal was the roasted veggies. I usually do not like zucchini, but boy was it cooked well (still crunchy) and I liked the spices mixed with the grilled flavor and the roasted red peppers. After dinner we headed over to the Opera House and saw this:
They had removed seats so that there were two inner aisles on the orchestra level. When the show started, the animals came down these aisles - so we got to watch an elephant & some gazelles go by. They used the aisles throughout the evening for entrances and exits. The costuming = fabulous. Who thinks up this stuff? Like the way they dealt with the water or the grassy fields or the stampede. The acting & the singing = wonderful. Such talent. Audrey's favorite character was Rafiki (best described as the narrator) and my favs were Scar and the hyenas. What a great evening to spend with my daughter. Thanks Audrey for the idea to go! The evening was marvelous.