It was about time for another scrapping event with my sister and her buddies. When I go to these events (especially an hour away from my home), I like to bring pages "ready-to-go". That means that I've already picked out the pictures, the paper, embellishments and typed my journaling. So even though I can get a lot of pages done that day, it does take a lot of prep work. I stayed up until about midnight Friday working on this and then got up at my normal 5am to continue the prep. I also had signed up to bring wassail for our potluck. I left my house a 8AM and stopped by Kathy's before we went over to her church building. We scrapped and scrapped and ate and scrapped. By about 4pm I was tuckered out! I stuck around until about 6pm rather than the planned 10pm end time and headed home = right when it started to pour down rain. I white-knuckled it the 50 miles home only to find a pleasant surprise there. John had spent the day cutting and laying the tile in our laundry room. What a guy! Especially when he had told me since I got the day off to play, so did he : )
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Scrap Event
It was about time for another scrapping event with my sister and her buddies. When I go to these events (especially an hour away from my home), I like to bring pages "ready-to-go". That means that I've already picked out the pictures, the paper, embellishments and typed my journaling. So even though I can get a lot of pages done that day, it does take a lot of prep work. I stayed up until about midnight Friday working on this and then got up at my normal 5am to continue the prep. I also had signed up to bring wassail for our potluck. I left my house a 8AM and stopped by Kathy's before we went over to her church building. We scrapped and scrapped and ate and scrapped. By about 4pm I was tuckered out! I stuck around until about 6pm rather than the planned 10pm end time and headed home = right when it started to pour down rain. I white-knuckled it the 50 miles home only to find a pleasant surprise there. John had spent the day cutting and laying the tile in our laundry room. What a guy! Especially when he had told me since I got the day off to play, so did he : )