Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More Scrapping

Jessie had mentioned earlier in the month that it would be fun to get together with a bunch of gals from church and scrapbook. I agreed to host it at my home. I sent out a few invitations and was rather surprised when all of them said yes. In fact, one even asked if they could bring another person. When you scrapbook, you need a bit of room to spread out your pages and your supplies, so a 6 foot long table really fits only 2 comfortably. So when my numbers jumped to 8 confirmed attendees the night before the event, John and I ran to the store to buy more tables. Audrey helped me set everything in the room and even got into decorating the house. I thought she did a great job and especially loved her window decoration!! But unfortunately, her scary decorations must have warned our scrapbookers away since at 7pm when the event started absolutely no one was there. 30 minutes is a long time to sit around wondering where everyone is, and I got to feeling a bit unloved. Finally at 7:30 three of the original eight guests showed up. We did have a nice time visiting, but at the back of my mind I kept wondering why no calls from the other five folks? And the other thing, of course, was I could have saved myself the $'s spent to buy the extra tables, as they sat lonely and unused the entire night. I'm not sure I'm hosting next month...