Saturday, May 23, 2009

Another Nice Saturday

After finishing our chores we headed downtown to the new Star Trek movie with Angela & Robert H. We sure enjoyed the movie - big thumbs up! Then we had lunch at Audrey's favorite, Sawtooth Grill. I tried a fish sandwich, John had a barbecue pulled pork sandwich, Audrey ordered herself a bison burger, Angela had the avocado burger and Robert ordered the Italian bison burger WITH egg. Yup, that's right. With an egg, over-hard, on top of the patty. It was a special request as it was most definitely not on the menu. I had never heard of such a thing so I went to the Internet when we got home. Evidently having an egg on your burger (over-hard or over-easy) is not that uncommon. In fact, I found a couple diners in the states that are famous for their burgers with egg. Might be worth a trip to Charlottesville to check out the White Spot Diner? I also found that they are very popular in Australia. Another trip in the future!! Thanks for a fun and educational time guys : )Later that day Audrey and I went up to my dad's cemetery to put our flowers at the grave. We explored some of the other headstones. Audrey found some really neat designs and some very old dates. It was a nice, peaceful way to end the day.