Saturday, September 21, 2013

Celebration!

After working hard on our music room, we decided to stop by Music City and just window shop for pianos. We called to make sure they were open and got there about 20 minutes before they closed. I played on a few brand new Yamaha baby grands, mainly looking at black gloss finish ones, but none of them seemed right. The salesman asked if I'd be interested in a used piano and I said "sure". He took us to another room and the first thing I saw was a white baby grand. A little too much for my taste. I turned and saw a red mahogany high gloss finish piano and sat down to play. I loved it - and we bought it - talk about impulse shopping. Not really. As many of you know I used to own a baby grand (bought it while I was in high school) but had sold it when we were cash-flowing one of the home remodels we were working on. Bought a spinet from someone in our ward so I had a piano to play, but we had talked for a number of years that we would replace it someday. Fast forward 10 or 12 years and "Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas to me!"  We are still finishing our music room remodel so it won't be delivered until late October.

But the original reason we had gone out was to celebrate Audrey's new job! Yay for her! She got a job (none work study) at EWU in the Vice Provosts office. She will be able to work a few hours, go to class, and then work a few hours. The position is only 14 hours a week, but being able to work around her school schedule is wonderful. Earlier this spring Audrey had helped someone at Eastern with a computer question and that person (Jeni) remembered Audrey and told her about the opening and put in a good word for her. She starts on Monday (9/23) and then starts school on Wednesday (9/25).


We went to The Onion for dinner and ordered the Hula Burger (Sam), the Backyard Burger (John) and the Bake Spaghetti (Audrey). We splurged and had the Fried Oreos for dessert. Yum!