Sunday, June 30, 2013
New Bishopric
We received a call to meet with Stake President Pitcher earlier in the week so we knew that they would be releasing John from the 1st counselor in the Bishopric and putting in a new Bishopric. I played a quick game of Bishopric Bingo (meaning I wrote down my choices before anything was said). I got them all correct. We will be very blessed in the ward with the new Bishopric. Bishop Christensen, 1st Craig Simmons, 2nd Scott Freedland. We will see more changes since Bishop was the HP Group Leader, Craig was the YM President and Scott was the EQ President. So all those callings will need to be filled. They had the outgoing Bishopric members and the incoming Bishopric members share a few words. I tried to write down a few words that John said. He mentioned how humble he was when he got the calling and what a great leap of faith. He learned a great deal but was most grateful for the ward members who keep things running. He mentioned how important it was to him to have a supportive wife who also helped him honor his priesthood. Then he went onto say it does not matter what callings we have in the church, we are all children of our Heavenly Father working toward the same goal. A bittersweet day.