- "Do you have a daddy at your house?" (John replied "I am the daddy")
- Then they asked me "Where are your babies?" (I replied by pointing at Audrey, "There is my baby")
- They asked follow up questions like: Why did I only have one baby, was I going to have more, did I have a baby in my tummy. That is when I learned that they were going to have "at least" 5 kids (evidently their mom is expecting) but probably no more than 80....yeah, that is a lot.
- They wanted to know how old Audrey was (20)
- They wanted to know how old I was. I asked them to guess. "30?" At which I replied "Close!". Then they said "29?" "....sure!" And then the oldest boy told me their mom was older than me because she is 30 and I'm only 29. Audrey was washing the car trying not to laugh too hard trying to figure out how I was able to have her at 9 years of age....
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Kids say the darnedest things
We have 4 next door neighbor kids ranging from 18 months to 6 years. They play in the backyard a lot, but find what WE are doing to be more fascinating. Weeding, sweeping, washing the car, etc. Today after they asked us a zillion why questions (why are you washing the car, why is it on the lawn, why are you sweeping your driveway, are those pink gloves yours, etc, etc, etc) they asked a couple of funny ones. Thought I'd share.